Thursday, January 10, 2008

Good and Bad Logos

The Good Logos:


This is my ALL TIME favorite logo...I love the logo, the product, and the simplicity of it. I think it reduces well and its very recognizable and proves to have longevity.


I also really like this logo...I think it is very colorful, but this is an example of the color used in the right way.



The main Kumon logo...I think the use of the "o" in Kumon is effective...and becuase I work at Kumon I see this sign almost everyday and I don't get tired of it!
http://www.kumon.com/



I think this logo is a good one too..its easy for the audience to tell what the logo represents.



I think this is one of the best logos. Its very versatile and very well designed yet very simple.



The BAD Logos:


This logo is too simple....its very plain and unattractive. It lets the consumer know nothing of the product that they are about to purchase.



Once again...I have no idea what this logo is for. What is djuice? I found out that djuice is a youth based mobile phone plan from Telenor, and it is the second largest youth based operator in the world!! I particulary don't like this logo because it looks like something my 8 year old brother created in powerpoint.
The funny thing is there website is kinda cool....
http://www.djuice.com.pk/



I think this is a very well known and effective logo...but it is poorly designed...It looks like something that should go on a daycare building.



Also not a very good logo...I actually work for Kumon and everytime I see this I want to cry. As we learned in Graphic Design class....gradient is a no no...maybe whoever designed this didn't learn that.



Obviously this logo is not as bad as some of the other logos but, it was redesigned for a reason. The colors are just too much and it feels dated...there would have been no longevity whatsoever with this logo. Plus it was expensive to print.




No comments: